How Conversion Zones Work
(Online Advertising To Offline Foot Traffic)
Conversion zones are a powerful means to track your online advertising to offline storefront traffic and conversions (meaning those people who physically went to a particular location as a result of seeing your Ads).
- A virtual geo-fence is traced around an area where the advertiser wants to target customers visiting another location (i.e a competitor’s store, a venue, or a specific part of town, etc.)
- Next, a virtual Conversion Zone is traced around one or more of the the advertiser’s locations.
- When the customer enters the geo-fenced location, they will then be targeted with the advertiser’s ads on their mobile device.
- When the customer enters the Conversion Zone with their mobile device and has previously been served the advertiser’s ad, the Conversion Zone recognizes the user and attributes their visit as an offline conversion for the geo-fencing campaign.
Now you can truly determine the impact your advertising is having on people who have seen your ads and walk to your designated conversion zone. And our team is tracking it all in our reporting dashboard.
Natural Store Visitors Versus Advertised Store Visitors
Now that we know we can track people who saw or clicked on your ads and then visited your storefront, you know you can tie real offline traffic back to your online return on investment. But a reasonable question we get a lot from advertisers is “how do you know if that traffic was still going to visit my store regardless of seeing our Ads?”
We have an answer for that.
Geo Conversion Lift Tracking
Our team can track the number of people who would have naturally visited your store front versus the number of people who visited your store front as a result of seeing your Ads. It’s what we call geo lift. We calculate it by looking at the percent increase in natural store front visitors versus advertising percent increase in store front visitors. Now you really know how effective your advertising is going.
Real offline to online tracking such as store visitors who saw your ads were not possible, until now.
Geo Conversion Lift & Conversion Zone Use Cases
- Steak & Shake is geo fencing an interstate section close to where they also have a billboard. They want to see how many people who travel through that intersection that see his Ads actually visit his restaurant and also under their true geo lift impact of their campaign.
- Furniture store is geo fencing competitor locations and they want to determine how many people who saw their Ads also came to their store.
- Real estate brokerage firm wants to increase exposure of 2 condo developments. So after picking 10 locations to geo fence that the firm knows are likely real estate buyers, we build conversion zones around their condos to determine who in fact toured the condos.
- Local retailer is advertising to walker-by’s and people who walk past their store. They can not only track those who came in after seeing their ads, but also determine how many of them are coming in because of the Ads in addition to those who would have naturally come to their store front.
Conversion Zone Reporting
We report on a host of conversion zone metrics including:
- View Through Visits – Those who saw your ad and then visited your location
- Click Through Visits – Those who clicked your ad and then visited your location
- Cost Per Visit
- Average Days To Convert
- Natural Conversion Rate
- Campaign Conversion Rate
- Geo Conversion Lift
How Geo Conversion Lift Works
Programmatic Display Campaign Development
Here we perform a deep digital dive into your company to see how we can leverage programmatic for your business and your business objectives.
It’s time we deep dive into the various keyword opportunities that will translate into targeted increased traffic and above industry norm click-through-rates.
It’s time to begin developing your programmatic campaign from campaign tactic to targeting and even geographic targeting.
We pull all our programmatic display data into a dashboard and review to begin our process of proactive optimizations.
Whether it’s changing targeting, removing domains not performing, or developing better creative assets, we take this part seriously.
“47% of consumers surveyed stated that they would be likely to shop from a retailer that offered promotions when they are nearby. “
“Studies suggest that when a user isn’t surfing the web on his or her phone, he or she is likely to spend 86% of smartphone time using apps.”
Geo fencing can be the key differentiator in your business targeting the audience that matters the most to your company.
Why would you not want to be in front of those active buyers? We can get your company ranked.
Fill Out the contact form or call us at 1 (877) 776-7358.